DLT (Distributed Ledger Technology) registration is a mandatory process for businesses in India that use SMS and voice calls for marketing or other promotional activities. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has implemented DLT registration to prevent unsolicited commercial communication (UCC) and ensure that only authorized messages are sent to consumers.
Tutorial For Registeration
Business Entity Registration
- BSNL DLT (https://www.ucc-bsnl.co.in/) – Free Registration. View BSNL DLT registration process guide.
- Videocon DLT (https://smartping.live/entity/register-with) –View Videocon DLT registration process guide.
- Jio Trueconnect DLT (https://trueconnect.jio.com) – View Jio Trueconnect DLT registration process guide.
- Vodafone Idea Ltd DLT (https://www.vilpower.in/) – View VILPOWER DLT registration process guide.
- For Videocon DLT platform only: You can check approval status of your application, headers on Videcon DLT platform: Open https://smartping.live/entity/particular > Click on the option required and click Next > Enter Entity Reference ID and click Submit > Insert OTP received on Mobile and Click Submit > Pending Status > Get Token and Verify.
Header (Sender ID) Registration
Registration Process on DLT Platforms
There are 2 types of Headers to choose from in DLT platforms. Please view below the registration process for each of the headers:
- Others (for SMS such as OTPs, alerts, etc.):
Add your preferred 6-character alpha headers (sender ID) in the text box > Justify the chosen headers in the description box and/or by attaching a supporting document
- Promotional (for SMS such as offers, discounts, etc.):
Add your preferred 6-digit numeric headers (sender ID) in ‘Find your Header’ text box > Select your category/industry type from the drop-down > Justify the chosen headers in the description box and/or by attaching a supporting document
Note for header type ‘Others’:
- Headers (Sender names) are case-sensitive i.e. ABCDEF and abcdef are two different sender names and can be registered separately.
- The Header selected should match your entity name. If the header name is different:
- For Videocon DLT: Please attach a document/image showing the website link, trademark certificate or any other document/image proving the relation between your entity name and your requested header.
- For VIL/BSNL DLT: Please mention the website link, trademark certificate or any other reference proving the relation between your entity name and your requested header. Also, mention your mobile number in the description to facilitate a call back by the DLT support team for any clarifications.
Content and Consent Template Registration
Content Template Select Template > Add New Template
- Add a Template Name
- Choose Communication type as SMS
- Choose the Template type of communication – Promotional / Service Implicit / Service Explicit / Transactional. Know more here
- Select Consent Template from the drop-down list (Optional)
- Select a Content Category from the drop-down list (Only for Promotional and Service Explicit type)
- Search and select all Headers that you would want to use with this template
- Add the template content in the ‘template content’ text box > Get and enter OTP > Click ‘Submit’
Consent Template Registration
- Select Consent Template > Add New Consent Template
- Add a Consent Template Name
- Add Scope of Consent
- Get and enter OTP > Click Submit